Hinata Umi's Work

[About Me] My Memory



When people ask me about memories, honestly, I find it awkward and confusing. Its not because the question was wrong or its making me uncomfortable, but because I don't know which memory I want to share with the others, since there are so many of it.

There was memory from I was five years old, when I used to sleep at my grandmother's house. There was memory from I was seven years old, when my friend bullied me over some rank in the class. There was memory from I was nine years old, when my friend buy my artworks. There was memory from I was ten years old, when I got the highest score in my class. There also memory from when I went to another island, still in Indonesia, to study. Oh, and my first love too. And so on.

There is so many memory, and I couldn't choose one that I can share. But, if it is about the happiest memory of mine, then it was from my first time saying thank you to other people. It was at second grade of junior high school, I was fall from the stairway and some of my senior help me. It was my first time saying thank you.

From where I came from, its not so easy saying those two words to other people. Here, people saying thank you not by talking but with something else. Some of them using food, the others using act of service. Either way, we never said it literally like that. So, it was so hard for me to say that.

But at that time, I know I will not see my senior at our school again, since it was his graduation day.

So, paying it in another form will not as easy as saying 'thank you'.

That's why, I say it to him. It was really hard, not only because it was my first time saying it, but also there was so many people around us that time. But I did it. I feel like, I make an achievement. From that moment on, I can say those two words easier than before.

I can say that to the driver of public transportation that I ride, saying it to my family whom is not quite used to that words, and also saying it to my friends whom help me out with various occasion.

At that time, I often think about it, why we find it really hard to say thank you to the others? What happened? Is there something that hold us to say it? Or is it just the matter of habit? Up until now, I still ask about the same question.

Now, it is not a problem anymore for me. I also find people around me saying it often, without any difficulty. But, since my question is still not have an answered, I still want to know about that. What happened?

Share:

0 komentar

Apa yang kamu pikirkan tentang tulisan di atas? Beri komentar di bawah, ya, teman-teman.