Hinata Umi's Work

When Technology Become Enemy

Hallow... Okay, I will try to explain things in English now, Let's check it out.
So, today  I will make you Think twice!! about how you use your technology devices. Before you read this post, I warned you, this post will make you Think twice!! about your gadget. Maybe it will make you leave it or make you using it more efficiently. So, for those of you who didn't want to get involve, just get out and read another post :D

I have warning you, now...


You still want to continue?

Okay, We started... (click "Lanjut baca" if you still insist to continue)



What kind of thing that you use to see this post?  I am sure that most of you will say PC or mobile devices like handphones and tablets, maybe? Yes. This kind of technology is importance for you (and for me too, of course. What kind of computer science student that didn't need a technology, right?)

And now, take a deep breath for a while and then think!! How many times are you leave your gadget without any feeling of want to (just) check it back?(yeah, like facebook message and notification, whatsapp, Kakao Talk, Line, etc) One our? 30 minutes? 15 minutes? or one minutes? (if you are going to say just for a second, I will not count it.) I think 30 minutes is maximal time for you, right?

I will tell you this. Now, I've become a teaching assistant in software engineering course. Every information was shared using those kind of apps, like dropbox and mailing list. Do you think it's usual thing to use? Yes, for me yes. But not untill I don't have quota to accessing  the internet. Think twice!! Do you think that it's okay? I add more information, when I don't have quota to access the internet, It was in last week of the month where usually, my money is not enough to buy 'pulsa' or credits for my handphone. What do you think? It's still okay? Okay, if yes, how if I tell you this, that day, there's two email from the lecturer that contains an invitations for the next day and I must attend it? What will you think? Still okay? Of course not!!
It's not okay guys. 

I must update the information all the time. I must get connected trough the internet the whole time. Think twice!! Don't you think it's wasting time and money? Suppose that we are a person with a good focus in our mind. It's not problem for us to using that kind of devices. How about if you are not able to focus, you will do browsing another topic that have interest you or you will lose your purpose, and at the end you just open the facebook the whole day. What a waste of time is that. 

Think twice!! What do you think IF some of the teaching assistant like me have an economic problem? Are you think it's still okay? It's not Okay. Its absolutely not okay. How about your brother and sister? When you ask them to go to school, and he/she in the midle playing a game, what will she/he say? " Wait a minutes, I need to beat it?" What you think? It's still okay? Think twice!! guys.

Okay Think twice!! again. When you use your devices, do you still care with others? Do you still talk to them directly? Know about their condition? Yes. We are not responsive. You and  your mother just being apart with one wall, your room and her room. Rather than walk to her room, hug her, you choose to send her a message, "mom, I miss you." with expecing her to come to your place and hug you tight. But she doesn't do that. She choose to do it in the same way. Just simply like send a message for you " I miss you too, hun." is that okay? For me It's not okay! Please, Think twice!! guys. If it's me, and I miss my mother, and I live in the same house, I will hug her right away. (but not now, because I live in the different island with my family. I miss you so much, mom.)

I've become to realize this things this days, that every technology I've made or we made or they made, make us not sensitive. It make us being apart with everyone we loved. It makes us not being able to express our feeling. It makes us being not responsible for our life. It makes us spoiled. It makes us lazy. 

So, once again I said, Think twice!!

Dedicated for my beloved group in computer and people - Erry, Inas, Rachmad, Shanti and Vini-

Share:

0 komentar

Apa yang kamu pikirkan tentang tulisan di atas? Beri komentar di bawah, ya, teman-teman.